August 20, 2017

Word: Dick Gregory, 1932-2017

 Political promises are much like marriage vows. They are made at the beginning of the relationship between candidate and voter, but are quickly forgotten.

Last time I was down South I walked into this restaurant, and this white waitress came up to me and said: 'We don't serve colored people here.' I said: "that's all right, I don't eat colored people. Bring me a whole fried chicken."

In most places in the country, voting is looked upon as a right and a duty, but in Chicago it's a sport.

I never believed in Santa Claus because I knew no white dude would come into my neighborhood after dark.

Political promises are much like marriage vows. They are made at the beginning of the relationship between candidate and voter, but are quickly forgotten.

Love is very dangerous if you just have love and don't have the ability to be lovable.

I am really enjoying the new Martin Luther King Jr stamp - just think about all those white bigots, licking the backside of a black man.

If democracy is so good why do we have to go to other countries and try and jam it down their throats with a gun? Stay here and make democracy work. If it's good you don't have to force it on others; they'll steal it.

No comments: